Welcome to Pacific TAFE Quality and Accreditation Unit (QAU).
Pacific Technical and Further Education (Pacific TAFE) is a strategically amalgamated and integrated learning and teaching section which offers high quality Skills Based Qualifications (SBQ’s), Foundation and Preliminary studies.
The Pacific TAFE Quality Office operates under the Director Pacific TAFE.
Quality Office is primarily responsible for supporting the accreditations, audits and reviews and for leading improvement in quality assurance in all areas of Pacific TAFE operations. The key responsibilities of the Quality Office include:
The office facilitates key quality assurance and improvement initiatives namely national and international recognition of the institution and accreditation of programmes of Pacific TAFE, which is line with 2013 to 2018, strategic objective to get Skills Based Qualifications internationally accredited.
Pacific TAFE currently has six (6) international accreditations/recognitions for its programmes and ten (10) programmes accredited by the Fiji Higher Education Commission.
The Quality Office works with college heads and is responsible for development, internal quality and programme approval through the university quality assurance structure.
We work with all disciplines to ensure that disciplines maintain compliance with the standards/requirements of the accrediting agencies for the prgorammes that are internationally accredited. In addition to ensure that all university policies, procedures and structures are complied with and conformed to at all time.
The office monitors adherence of the colleges to the Internal Quality Assurance Framework (IQAF) of the Pacific TAFE. The IQAF provides standards and guidelines for the internal quality assurance of Pacific TAFE.
It is indicative of Pacific TAFE’s firm commitment to maintaining its academic standards, continuously improving all its activities and ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of educational and training services. Pacific TAFE needs to do this in order to:
- Prove itself as the leading provider of preliminary, foundation and skills based education and training in the region.
- Enhance its reputation as the preferred destination for preliminary, foundation and skills based education and training in the region.
- Enhance labour mobility and portability of its qualifications in the Pacific region and beyond.
- Enhance cross accreditation of its qualifications to enable graduates to pursue higher qualifications at USP and other institutions.
- Provide pathways for the graduates of its programmes to pursue higher level qualifications at USP and other institutions.
- Maximise its engagement with communities, industries and employment agencies.
- Attract high school leavers and adult learners from the region and beyond.
- Attract staff of the highest caliber.
- Maximise employability and career prospects of its graduates.
- Achieve its registration and the accreditation of its programmes by external accreditation agencies.
- Maximize the uptake of its qualification by other providers of higher education and training in the region under a franchise agreement.
Programme reviews, and quality audits
The Quality office conducts programme reviews and quality audits as and when required to ensure that the high quality and international standards of programmes are maintained.