The Early Warning System (EWS) aims to be an intelligent monitoring and feedback system to identify at-risk students during the semester such that corrective actions could be taken before it becomes too late. With many courses venturing into online mode, a self-enthused approach is believed to be more proactive as students can self-monitor their progress and take remedial actions by participating in various online activities.
The systemís functionality:
- Pops up alerts on upcoming activities and those which are already due.
- Highlights popular course activities.
- Measures student engagement with respect to class average.
- Flags behavioral areas of disengagement (activity participation).
- Permits the Coordinators to send direct alerts (email/pop-up messages/comments from within Moodle) to under-performing students.
- Colour codes to quickly identify areas needing intervention.
The module offers the following features for students:
- Popup alerts on upcoming activities.
- Overall performance flag
- Interaction light
- Login light
- Completion light
- Critical activities
- Popular course activities
- Engagement/participation graph
- Login trend graph
For more details see the Student User Manual