The vision of USP is to be a university of excellence, highly regarded locally, regionally, and internationally.
The University is committed to delivering institutional effectiveness through the highest standards of governance management and continuous improvement.
The Council & Central Committee Secretariat is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the work of the Council, the Senate and their standing and ad hoc committees by providing them with administrative, advisory and secretarial support. It is a repository of information on all matters relating to USPís governing bodies. In this respect therefore, it serves as a source of information, advice and guidance on matters of governance, policies and process for all stakeholders.
- To strengthen University governance through a range of strategies for improving the effective operation of the Council, Senate and their standing & ad hoc committees.
- Provision of professional secretariat services to the key governing bodies of the University.
- Management of and compliance to the University Charter and Statutes, Ordinances, Regulations and Policies.
- Provide information, advice and guidance on matters of governance, policies and process to all stakeholders.
- Ensure staff development and relevant training for continuous improvement, professionalism and efficiency.