School of Language, Arts & Media
+679 32 32266
I have been teaching for over 20 years at tertiary level. For 14 years I taught Study Skills and Research Skills and Methods at the Pacific Theological College, an inter-denominational tertiary institution that trains Pacific islanders in Christian ministry. In the last five years I have been teaching English for Academic Purposes here at the University of the South Pacific.
- BA Tas., MA ApplLing. S.Qld
- English for Academic Purposes; General English.
- My area of interest is the vocabulary of first year university students for whom English is a second language; in particular the range of their entry level vocabulary is adequate to meet the rigor of academic demands.
- The UU114 course is a generic course in the first year and is offered on Face-to-face and Print modes in both semesters. As assistant lecturer and coordinator of the face-to-face mode, I prepare assignments, the mid-semester test, a teaching timetable for a staff of 15 tutors, and collate and upload assignment marks.
- Member of WEAVERS (the arm of the South Pacific Association of Theological Schools that promotes women in theological education).