School of Education
Lecturer (Emalus Campus)
+67822748 ext. 113
DipEd, BEd [PNG], MA (Curtin], GCTT [Sth Pc.], PhD [Victoria]
Facsimile: +678 22633
- ED152 – Human Development: A Lifespan Approach
- ED153 – Education and Society
- ED158 – Introduction to Non-Formal Education
- ED250 – Curriculum Studies I
- ED252 – Educational Psychology and the Teaching-Learning Process
- ED350 – Curriculum Studies II
- ED354 – Assessing Student Performance
- ED359 – Educational Research
- Lecturer & Coordinator of UTP (August, 2012- current), School of Education, Faculty of Arts, Law and Education, University of the South Pacific, Emalus Campus, Vanuatu.
- Lecturer & Head of Education Studies (February – August, 2012), Vanuatu Institute of Teacher Education, Port Vila Vanuatu.
- Tutor (February – June, 2012), PS103 Ethics and Research Methods in the Social Sciences I, School of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts, Law and Education, University of the South Pacific.
- Lecturer (1999-2007), Vanuatu Institute of Teacher Education, Port Vila Vanuatu.
- Secondary School Teacher (1993-1998), Vanuatu Teaching Service Commission, Vanuatu Government.
Teacher Education, Indigenous and Cultural Knowledge for Pacific Island people, Indigenous and Christian Leadership and Mathematical Learning,
- Researcher (2009-2011), Evalue Research and Evaluation, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Academic Research (PhD) (2009-2011). Stance Marking Tools in Vanuatu Mathematics Education - Towards a Gèlagèl Framework
- Academic Research (MA) (2001-2002). Investigating the Teachers’ Beliefs and Attitudes Towards At-risk Students in Vanuatu, Curtin University of Technology, Perth Western Australia.
- Associate Supervisor: 1 MED student
Pita Tiusavau - MED (SRP). A qualitative meta-analysis case studies in the use of portfolios for language learning: A grounded theory approach
- Working Committee for National Education Advisory Council (NEAC) – 2016
- Vanuatu National Research Center Committee – 2016
- Vanuatu Institute of Teacher Education Council – 2013-2016
- Bladiniere Estate Council of Chiefs – 2016
Chairman of Association Blong Vanualava Port Vila Community
Music, Soccer, Fishing.
Presentations and Proceedings (Conference, Symposiums and Workshop)
- Guest Speaker – Vanuatu Education Symposium on the amalgamation of higher learning institution, Port Vila, Vanuatu, 4th March 2016
- Participant - Commonwealth of Learning Cost and Financing for Open School Workshop Chantilly Hotel, Port Vila Vanuatu, 19th November 2012.
- Mwaraksurmes, A. (2010). Mathematical Certainties: Opening up or hindering opportunities for learning in Vanuatu? DevNet Conference, New Zealand, Palmerston North, 3rd – 4th December 2010.
- Participant - Pacific Education Leadership Cluster: Leadership Development Workshop. Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand 2009
- Participant – the Melanesian Symposium, Wellington New Zealand - 2008.
Book Chapters and Reports