School of Social Sciences
- PhD. Social Anthropology, Macquarie University, Australia.
- M.A. Preliminary, Social Anthropology, Sydney University, Australia.
- Post-Graduate Diploma, Social Anthropology, Sydney University, Australia.
- B.A. English (Major in Film), Curtin University, Perth, Australia.
- Religion and politics.
- Rites and Sites research group: Research Booklet
- Gender, reproductive technologies and family planning.
- Gender and development.
- 2010 - "Miracle-Workers and Nationhood: Reinhard Bonnke and Benny Hinn visit Fiji" The Contemporary Pacific, Vol. 22, No. 1: 74-99.
- 2009 - "Religion and Politics: The Christian Churches and the 2006 Coup in Fiji" The 2006 Military Takeover in Fiji: A Coup to End All Coups? (ed) Jon Fraenkel, Stewart Firth and Brij V. Lal, Canberra: ANU E Press http://epress.anu.edu.au/coup_coup/pdf_instructions.html
- 2008 - (reprint) "Female Circumcision: Muslim identities and zero tolerance policies in rural West Java" The Kaleidoscope of Gender: Prisms, Patterns, and Possibilities (Second Edition) US: Pine Forge Press.
- 2007 - "The Role of the Assembly of Christian Churches in Fiji (ACCF) in the 2006 Elections" From Election to Coup in Fiji; The 2006 Campaign and its Aftermath (eds) Jon Fraenkel, Stewart Firth, and Wendy Tubman, Suva, Canberra: Institute of Pacific Studies and Asia Pacific Press.
- 2006 - "Social Justice in Fiji: Christian Perspectives" Report for the Ecumenical Centre for Research, Education, and Advocacy (ECREA) Suva: 1-89.
- 2006 - "Fiji" Globalization and the Re-Shaping of Christianity in the Pacific Islands (ed) Manfred Ernst, Suva: The Pacific Theological College: 317-389.
- 2006 - "Female Circumcision: Muslim identities and zero tolerance policies in rural West Java" Double Special Edition of Women's Studies International Forum (ed) Anne-Marie Hilsdon and Santi Rozario, Vol. 29/4 pp. 394-404.
- 2004 - "Turning the Spirits into Witchcraft: Pentecostalism in Fijian Villages" in Oceania Vol. 75, No.1:1-18.
- 2002 - "The Deployment of the Prosperous Family: Family Planning in West Java" in National Women's Study Association, Special Issue on Gender & Social Policy (NWSA): Local to Global, Vol. 13, No 3: 22-48.
- 2002 - "Of Paraji and Bidan: Hierarchies of Knowledge among Sundanese Midwives," Chapter 14 (p. 256-78) in Daughters of Hariti (eds) G. Samuel & S. Rozario, London & NY: Routledge.
- 2001 - "Syncretism and the Politics of the Tingkeban in West Java" in TAJA, Special Issue, Beyond Syncretism: Indigenous Expressions of World Religions, Vol 12, No 3: 312-326.
- 2000 - "Under the Banner of Islam: Mobilising Religious Identities in West Java" in TAJA, Vol. 11, No. 2:199-222.
Conference and Seminar Papers:
- 2012 - Association of Social Anthropology in Oceania (ASAO) conference, Portland, USA "The Old Testament in Fiji"
- 2010 - American Academy of Religion (AAR) conference, Atlanta, USA "Of citizens and the indigenous: political imaginations in Fiji"
- 2010 - Social Policy, Social Welfare Systems and Human Security in the Pacific conference, USP "Children, community, churches and crisis accommodation in Fiji Islands"
- 2010 - UNICEF, Vanuatu "Children, community, churches and crisis accommodation in Fiji Islands"
- 2010 - European Society for Oceanists (ESfO) conference, St Andrews, Scotland "New Methodism and Old: the post-coup religious landscape in Fiji"
- 2010 - School of Social Sciences, USP, Fiji "New Methodism and Old: the post-coup religious landscape in Fiji"
- 2009 - The Fiji Women's Crisis Centre (FWCC) "Assessing women's crisis accommodation workshop across Fiji Islands"
- 2009 - The University of Canterbury, Christchurch, NZ, and Massey University, Palmerston North, NZ "Miracle-Workers and Nationhood: Reinhard Bonnke and Benny Hinn Visit Fiji".
- 2008 - The Pacific History Association Conference "The socio-economic impact of kava consumption in two Fijian villages" and "The significance of the Kaunitoni Migration and the Degei narratives in the Fijian imaginary" USP
- 2008 - ANU and Macquarie University "Religion and Politics: the Christian Churches and the 2006 Coup in Fiji".
- 2008 - University of Sydney "Miracle-workers and Nationhood: Reinhard Bonnke and Benny Hinn visit Fiji"
- 2008 - ASAO Conference, "The Socio-Economic Impact of Kava Consumption in Two Fijian Villages" ANU, ACT, Australia "Miracle-Workers and Nationhood: Reinhard Bonnke and Benny Hinn Visit Fiji"
- 2007 - PIPSA Conference, "Religion and Politics: The Christian Churches and the 2006 Coup in Fiji" Vanuatu
- 2007 - Workshop at ANU, ACT, "Manifestations of Darkness and Evil: the Assembly of Christian Churches in Fiji (ACCF) and the tumultuous politics of 2006" Australia
- 2006 - Elections, 2006, workshop "The Role of the Assembly of Christian Churches in Fiji (ACCF) in the 2006 Elections" PIAS/DG, USP, Fiji.
- 2005 - "Miracle-Workers and Nationhood: Reinhard Bonnke's Visit to Fiji", PIPSA, USP.
- 2005 - "Colonial Boundaries and the Nation-State in Fiji," PIAS-DG, USP.
- 2004 - "Female Circumcision: Subjection and Subjectivities" CAPSTRANS, University of Newcastle.
- 2004 - "Imagining nationhood: from Israelites to healing hands and the question of a Christian State in Fiji" Macquarie University.
- 2000 - "The Tingkeban Ritual: A Case of Syncretism or a Statement of Local Identity" AAS Conference UWA, Perth.
- 1998 - "Of Paraji and Bidan: Hierarchies of Knowledge among Sundanese Midwives" Sydney University and Macquarie University.
- 1997 - "Meanings of Family among the Sundanese and the Impact Magnetic Island of the Indonesian Family Planning Program" AAS Conference.
- 1996 - "Rituals of Motherhood" Pajajaran University, Bandung.
- 1993 - "A New Bride in the Chapel: Representation and Portuguese Women" (from Honours thesis) University of Newcastle.