For further information and advising, contact:
Director of Development Studies: Prof. Vijay Naidu
Coordinator of Postgraduate Studies in Development Studies: Assoc. Prof. Manoranjan Mohanty
To be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies:
- a full-time candidate shall have a Bachelorís degree from a recognised tertiary institution with a GPA of at least 3;
- a part-time candidate shall have a GPA of at least 2.5 in the 200- and 300-level courses in relevant disciplines.
Consideration will be given to professional experience and related training.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies consists of five courses.
- DG400 Research Methodology
- DG410 Development Theories and Alternatives
- One 400-level Development Studies course (see list)
- Two 400-level elective courses (from related fields, with Coordinator's approval)
MASTER OF ARTS IN DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
The Masterís program may be completed in two ways:
- a thesis (DG700)
- following the successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Development Studies, two postgraduate courses plus a Supervised Research Project (DG600)