Background - Learning and Teaching
The m-learning team is tasked with looking into feasible options of including m-learning in tertiary education.
Terms of Reference proposed are:
- To review the current m-learning practices of other universities
- To work on m-learning projects suitable for USP
- To recommend specific m-learning tools and practices to USP
- To implement a gateway to facilitate the interfacing of the m-learning functionalities to the required services, hardware and software
- To implement suitable m-learning tools and practices into the TL processes of USP
- To facilitate institutional research in the area of m-learning
Methodology recommended is:
- To liaise with the Network Providers and seek advice on the implementation on Gateway
- Record functionality requests from each faculty/section of USP
- Projects that faculties and sections will want to use through the m-learning initiative.
- Develop a strategic roadmap to cater for implementation of the gateway and the development of M-learning projects
- Employ Research Assistants (RAs) to carry out the m-learning projects
- Research on Open source/commercial applications for setup of gateway and interfacing with Network provider services
- To liaise with existing vendors of USP on connection link costs, TFL.
- Build the relevant applications on the Gateway
- Develop the prioritized m-learning projects
- Testing of applications using new system and Deployment
- Carry out surveys on the effectiveness of the different m-learning tools and functionalities
- Employ part-time staff to carry out the surveys
- Employ RAs to carry out specific data analysis and to prepare reports
- Present results and finding to ASQC and the wider online community of practitioners
Disclaimer & Copyright | Contact Us
© Copyright 2004 - ###CURRYEAR### The University of the South Pacific (USP). All rights reserved.