Student Travel - Research and Consultancy, Faculty of Science and Technology
Please find below information related to Traveling on University business either for conference, research or training which is funded by USP. Also note below procedures that needs to be adhered to prior to traveling.
For travel associated with your Masterís or PhD research work, your request for travel insurance will have to be endorsed by your supervisor via email or through a formal letter.
For travel associated to international conferences, students must provide the following information:
- Confirmation that your paper has been accepted for oral presentation
- Filled form for conference funding
- Letter of support from your USP principal supervisor
*Please ensure that the conference you are aiming to attend is not organized by an institute/organization found on the Bealís predatory scholarly open access publishers list. For further information please contact the Faculty Graduate Assistant Officer.
If you have secured funding from USP for travel on University business (i.e. conference or for research purposes) please provide the following documents for processing:
- Risk assessment. This will involve a brief report on what activities you will be carrying out on your trip what risks are associated with your planned activities.
- Proposed travel itinerary
- Medical report form that states you are medically fit for travel
- Filled travel insurance forms. These forms need to be filled at least 3 weeks in advance
Students are required to provide this information to the Faculty Graduate Assistant for processing. Your point of contact will be the Faculty graduate assistant officer Mr. Viliamu Powell (email: viliamu.powell(at)usp.ac.fj; phone: +679 3232 804)
Once the application for travel insurance has been confirmed by the Risk and insurance unit, students can then confirm all their necessary travel arrangements with the Faculty Finance and Administration office.
For further information click on the respective links below: