Applications for the 2015 VANGOV Scholarship are now open. Application forms for this scholarship are now available at SASS Office. Given the limited number of application forms, all students intending to apply for the VANGOV Scholarship MUST meet the necessary requirements of USP as well as the requirements for the National Education Commission (NEC) to be given an application form to be completed.
Please take time to read and note the minimum requirements outlined below to ensure you are eligible for the VANGOV Scholarship before you proceed to collect and complete an application form.
1. NEC Selection Criteria
The National Education Commission will select and award scholarships to candidates who must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of Vanuatu.
- Applicants must satisfy the admission requirements of their institution.
- Applicants must not have a criminal record, or pending case at the time of application.
The following minimum requirements will apply:
Undergraduate Studies (Certificate/Diploma/Degree)
Year 13 South Pacific Form Seven (SPFS) Applicants - Must have completed or expected to complete the South Pacific Form Seven Certificate with B grades and above in 4 subjects relevant to their proposed field of study, including English and / or Mathematics.
Year 14 Francophone Lycee LAB/AUF Applicants – Must have Completed or expected to complete Year 14 DAEU by end of 2014 at Lycée Louis Antoine de Bouganville or Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie, with an average passing grade of 14/20 or above, including French with average pass or above of 14/20, and / or Mathematics.
USP Foundation / Applicants Program – Must have successfully completed 7 or more foundation units with B or higher grades in 4 subjects, including English and / or Mathematics. If the applicant has not achieved B or higher grades in 4 foundation subjects then they will be required to complete at least 4 degree courses in their undergraduate field of study, at the time of application with B or higher grades.
Distant and Flexible Learning (DFL) Applicants Program - Must have successfully completed the University entrance courses and completed all first year degree with B grades or 14/20 average pass or above in relevant field of study.
Lycee Francaise de Port Vila / Noumea Applicants – Must have completed or expected to complete successfully the French Baccalauréat (Year 13) including French and Mathematics at Lycée Francais with at least 14/20 average pass or above.
2. USP Eligibility Criteria
- Must have successfully completed 7 or more foundation units with B or higher grades in 4 subjects, including English and / or Mathematics. If the applicant has not achieved B or higher grades in 4 foundation subjects then they will be required to complete at least 4 degree courses in their undergraduate field of study, at the time of application with B or higher grades. This means:
- Student has completed Foundation requirements which is passed at least 7 Foundation courses
- Of the 7 Foundation courses passed, they have obtained a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 which is equivalent to a grade of B in four (4) courses
- If GPA for Foundation Program is below 3.0 (lower than a B grade) then they MUST have passed at least 4 degree courses in their undergraduate field of study
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.0 which is equivalent to a “C” grade for at least four (4) degree level courses passed
3. Process for Applying
- Give your Name, ID Number, Program and intended Career/Field of Interest to SASS Front Desk Officer.
- SASS Staff will check your records for eligibility and advise you whether or not you are eligible to apply for the scholarship; you will then be given an application form to complete.
- Please submit the completed Form to SASS Front Desk by Wednesday 21st May 2014 to give us ample time (7 days) to check and prepare all documents for all application forms for submission to the Training & Scholarship Coordination Unit TSCU) on Friday 30th May 2014.
4. Additional Notes
If you got your application directly from TSCU, you will submit your application directly to TSCU unless you are eligible for scholarship hence you can submit to SASS Office.
References/Recommendation Letters will NOT be prepared for students who have not met the above criteria (NEC and USP) and who are not eligible to apply for scholarship.