- Name: Satalaka Petaia (Mr.)
- Current Position: Fellow/Lecturer (Sustainable Fisheries), School of Marine Studies, USP.
- Contacts: Phone: (679) 3232 950; Mob: 9713442; Email: email@example.com
- Master in Applied Science (MappSc – Marine Resources), AMC, Australia.
- Post Graduate Diploma (PG Diploma) Fisheries Technology, Hull, UK.
- Post Graduate Cert (Fisheries Management & Policy), AMC, Australia.
- Diploma Tropical Fisheries (DTF), USP, Fiji.
- Graduate Certificate – Fish Stock Assessment, UNU, Iceland
- * Currently completing PhD studies (Marine Resources Management), USP, Fiji
Professional Work Experience:
- Lecturer (Sustainable Fisheries), School of Marine Studies, USP (2005 – until now).
- CEO/General Manager, National Fishing Corporation of Tuvalu (NAFICOT 1997 – 2004).
- Fisheries Development Specialist, SPC, Noumea (1994 – 1996).
- Marine Resources Advisor, USAID (1992 – 1994)
- Fisheries Officer (holding various senior posts in the Dept), Tuvalu Government (1983 – 1992)
- Sustainable fisheries development, management & policy (coastal & offshore).
- Ecosystem Based Management approaches and application to marine resources.
- Climate change and fisheries.
- Fisheries impacts on marine resources & ecosystems.
- Fisheries & communities.
- Fish capture technology (selectivity, design & impacts).
- Fisheries training and capacity building.
- Commercial fisheries development and management.