- Postgraduate Diploma in Economics (2017), The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji.
- Master of Commerce in Economics (2015), The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji.
Thesis Title: “Devaluation and its impact on trade performances in Fiji: A sectoral and bilateral level analysis”.
- Bachelor of Commerce [Economics and Accounting] (2012), The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji.
Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, International Trade, Economic Growth, Development Economics
On study leave
Room No: FBE Room S261 Phone: (679) 3232823 Fax: (679) 3232522 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
1. "Does Devaluation improve trade balance in small island economies? The case of Fiji” (2016) Economic Modelling, Volume 55, Issue June, pp. 382-393 (with D. Maiti).
2. “Is the Dutch disease effect valid in relation to Remittances and the real exchange rate in Fiji?”(2016) Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Volume 21, Issue 4, pp. 571-577 (with A. Mala).
1. The Debt experience of SIDS in the Pacific” (2014) in Debt and Development in Small Island Developing States. Palgrave Macmillan Press, pp. 71-95 (with B. C. Prasad).
- “Does devaluation improve bilateral trade relations of small island economies with its major and emerging trade partners? The case of Fiji” (2016) 11th Annual Winter School, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, 13-15 December, New Delhi, India (with D. Maiti).
- “The J-curve disparity in the goods and services sector in the Pacific region: evidence from devaluation in Fiji” (2014) 55th New Zealand Association of Economists Conference, 2-4 July, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand (with D. Maiti).
- “Bauxite mining in Fiji: A preliminary discussion of economic and development issues” (2013) 4th Biennial Oceania Development Network Conference, 11-12 September, The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji (with G. Finau, R. Chand, J. Tarai).
- “Oil price shocks and effectiveness of devaluation in Fiji” (2013) 12th Pacific Science Inter-Congress, 8-12 July, The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji (with D. Maiti).
- “Inclusive Growth, Poverty and Inequality in Pacific Island Countries” (2013) 14th Global Development Annual Conference, 19-21 June, Manilla, Philippines.
- “Monash Macroeconomics Summer School – Numerical solution techniques for solving dynamic stochastic general equilibrium models” (2016) organized by Monash Business School, 23-26 February, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- “Regional Training on Better Data Communication and Visualization in the Pacific” (2015) organized by The University of the South Pacific, PARIS21 and the Pacific Community, 2-4 November, The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji.
- “Data Analysis and Report Writing Workshop” (2015) organized by School of Economics, 6-11 July, The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji.
- “Fiji Economy Update” (2010-2015) organized by School of Economics, The University of the South Pacific.
- “Six Days National Level Workshop in Applied Econometrics” (2013) organized by Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University and The Indian Econometric Society,18-23 November, Bellary, India.
- “Bridging Research and Policy” (2013) Oceania Development Network (ODN) workshop, 10-11 April, The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji.
- “Presentation of Research Findings and preparing a Policy Brief” (2012) Oceania Development Network (ODN) workshop, 12-13 September, The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji.
- “Capacity Building Workshop on CGE Modelling for Trade Policy Analysis” (2012), 23-27 July, organised by UNESCAP, WTO and USP, Suva, Fiji.
- “Methodology, Analysis and Policy Briefs” (2012) Oceania Development Network (ODN) workshop (2012), 25-26 April, The University of the South Pacific, Suva, Fiji.
- “Building Socially Responsible Leaders of the 21st Century” (2010) Youth Leadership Workshop, 28-29 October, organized by The Faculties of the University of the South Pacific, Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji.