Guidelines for any USP Marshall Islands Campus Student receiving any
form of tuition or other scholarship.
- Only students who have signed indicating that they have read and agree
with these guidelines will be eligible for scholarship support through the
USP Marshall Islands Campus.
- Scholarship support will cover tuition, course materials and texts.
- Scholarships are awarded with the understanding that the recipient will
reciprocate their scholarship award to supporting the academic and
professional development of others in their field. For example, a teacher
who has received scholarship for any part of, or all of, their academic
qualification program (ECE, DECED, B.ED or M.ED) will serve as a
cooperating teacher or supervisor for other students, without remuneration,
although transportation and incidental costs will be reimbursed.
- MOE staff need to obtain written approval from MOE before they
can be registered under the MOE USP scholarship program.
This can be in the form of an email to USP indicating the approval.
Penalties for Withdrawal
- If a student on scholarship withdraws from their course after
Week 6 of the semester, they will be required to pay for the course.
- If a student withdraws after the third day of a Flexi School, they
will be required to pay for the course.
Penalties for Unsuccessful Completion
- If the student received a D, E, IP or EX grade for any course, they
will need to pay to meet this requirement before being eligible to
receive further scholarship.
Applications for Study Leave (full time study)
- Students wishing to take study leave to attend USP MI Campus
full time are responsible for making their own application to their
employer (eg. MOE or PSC).
- MOE Students granted study leave from PSC to undertake full time
coursework or who are granted early release from work to attend
tutorials, are expected to sign the attendance sheet daily at USP.