At USP we are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for our students, to develop a sense of community and engagement, and to enable students to maximise academic potential.
The CL FYE Office will endeavour that all first year student have access to the CL FYE Buddy Programme irrespective of the Faculty or School they belong to. The Programme is a non-academic mentoring student support for first year students. The Programme helps new students:
• Familiarise themselves with the campus facilities;
• Identify available University Support Services, Schools and Faculty offices, and provides information on University policies and procedures;
• Demystify academic procedures and other study matters (i.e how to submit assignments; how to borrow books);
• Engage in social activities to get to know and meet other students;
• Build the students’ self-confidence in their ability to negotiate a new and challenging environment;
How to get linked with a Buddy?
You can sign up with CL FYE Buddy Programme at any time during your Orientation week. CL FYE Buddies will assist during the Orientation activities and will be distinguished by their T-Shirts. You can also sign up at any Information Booth or with your Orientation tour guides. There is a high chance that Buddies might be your Orientation Tour Guides as well. If you still are unable to sign up for a CL FYE Buddy, simply send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Campus Life CL FYE Office
Coordinator, First Year Experience
Campus Life Office
The University of the South Pacific
Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji
Tel: (679) 323 2351 | Fax: (679) 323 1535 |