Roles and Responsibilities - Finance System Support
Responsible for the Finance module which includes:
- Deliver the work programme set by the Executive Director Finance.
- Banner Upgrades - review new features, enhancements, testing.
- Coordination with ITS team for testing and implementation of Banner defect resolutions.
- Finance communications and user support resources.
- Month-end system scheduling, processing and integrity.
- Project leadership and committee participation for Finance and University ERP initiatives.
- Security access to the Finance systems and components.
- Year-end system scheduling, processing and integrity.
- Maintenance of the Finance Web Page, Repository, Finance Server
Maintenance of master file data:
- Coordinate the approval and processing of new account code requests.
- Create and maintain chart of account elements: fund, organization, program, activity.
- Maintain other master files such as Banner Finance identification numbers, bank accounts, master files for non-staff payroll
Support core accounting and other administrative units in the following areas:
- Accounting data analysis.
- Batch journal voucher transaction loads
- Electronic approval queues
- Transaction feeds to Finance from other modules, including Accounts Receivable, Budget, and HR-Payroll.
- Provide back-up support for critical processes such as: Payments – cheques, Direct Deposits to the Bank, Student Upload, Bank Reconciliation upload
- Provide on-going user support and training for financial systems – resolving non routine and complex issues.
Support the Finance reporting systems and database:
- Develop and deliver standard and customized end-user reports
Network Support Area:
- Provides workstation and network support to Finance units.
- Assess, recommend, and facilitate purchase of IT equipment
- Maintenance of IT equipment register, warranty etc.
Business and systems analysis:
- Business requirements elicitation, analysis and design.
- Develop functional requirement specifications documents
- Develop technical specifications documents
- Develop end user manuals
- Initiate, review, and implement improvements and best practices for financial processes.
- Identify and coordinate professional and technical training for staff
- End user training and awareness
Data verification and audit reporting:
- Regular verification of control reports
- Addressing audit requests and queries
- Follow-up incomplete documents with users
Disclaimer & Copyright | Contact Us
© Copyright 2004 - 2017 The University of the South Pacific (USP). All rights reserved.