2011 Rethinking Pacific Education Symposium - Institute of Education (IOE)
The Conference Conveners for the Indigenous Pacific Research Symposium 2011 are:
RPEIPP began as an NZAID-supported (though not led or driven) project in 2001, the Re-thinking Pacific Education Initiative for and by Pacific Peoples (RPEIPP) was initiated and led by a group of Pacific educational leaders. While NZAID’s grant support ended in 2007, the influences of RPEIPP have continued on as Pacific educational leaders, scholars and emerging leaders took up the mantle of contextualizing their thinking, scholarship and leadership. At this Pacific regional symposium, Pacific educational leaders, scholars, leaders and emerging leaders will reflect on the past decade of re-thinking as well as envision the future of Pacific education and leadership.
1. To rigrously assess the vision, experiences and impacts of RPEIPP over the 2001-2011 period;
2. To reflectively capture the lessons and insights of a “decade of re-thinking Pacific education”;
3. To interrogate educational biases of directions, priority attentions, popular strategies, linkages and systemic negligence; together with the current educational environment;
4. To purposefully engage and mentor a new cohort of Pacific educators, scholars and researchers; and,
5. To debate, discuss and create ideas, visions and aspirations for educational development in the Pacific region towards 2025.