Before installing the Campus Map App into your mobile phone the following considerations need to be made:
- The Campus Map App is ONLY available for android devices
- Check to ensure that Google Play Services on your android phone is up to date.
- Check to ensure that your android version is version 5.1(lollipop) and above.
- The Campus App can ONLY be used within the university. If the App is used outside the university, the directions will be given from the USP main gate and not from your location outside the university.
The following steps need to be taken in order install the Campus Map App in to your android mobile phone.
- Open Google Play Store and search for the USP Campus Map. Locate the USP Campus Map App and select install.
- Once the Campus Map Application is installed, you are good to go. You can open the app and start using.
- When you open the app, you will be asked whether you want to share your location. Select “Allow”.
- When you open the app, you will be on the map of the University of the South Pacific.
- To search for a particular building or room, type the name of the building in the search bar and select the building from the suggestions provided.
- Once you select a building, you will see the information about that building. You can get the directions to that building by selecting the directions button.
- The directions will be displayed in the following manner.
- To change the mode of the map to satellite mode, turn on the satellite button as shown below.
- You can also customize the map display by specifically choosing which types of facilities you want to be displayed on the map. This is in the “Layers” section.