Project Title: The Design and Manufacture of a Hydropulper
Objective: To design and manufacture a hydropulper for use in a village environment. The product should:
- be designed using sound engineering principals
- be safe and simple to use and easy to maintain
- be made from locally available materials and components
- inexpensive to operate and easy to maintain
- have a motor that doesn't consume excessive amounts of electricity
A hydropulper is a paper-recycling machine that blends paper fibres into slurry by creating a swirling effect within a chamber filled with water and used paper. The water and paper slurry mixture is called pulp that is collected and pressed into new sheets of paper. This project is aimed at developing a hydropulper that can be used in remote areas such as villages. The hydropulper should meet the specifications outlined in the objectives above.
Target Population Group:
Village industries and anyone interested in recycling paper
- The design has been finalised and materials have been ordered. Construction of the prototype will occur in September.
We hope to refine the design further by using green energy methods for the power supply
< BACK TO EDG PROJECTS
< BACK TO JUNIOR EDG MEMBERS