Alafua Campus

MENU



Student Administrative Services Alafua Campus

TALOFA and WELCOME The Student Administrative Services (SAS) section is a "one-stop-shop" providing academic services to ALL Alafua Campus students whether studying;

  • On-Campus
  • Face-to-Face mode
  • Distance & Flexible Learning (DFL)
  • Print mode
  • Interactive audio-video mode (REACT)
  • Internet mode

Our primary function is to provide a range of support services which will assist students in navigating their journey of studies towards the successful completion of their registered programme(s)

About 30% of Alafua students take Face-to-Face courses, with the other 70% taking courses by the Distance and Flexible Learning (DFL) mode. SAS is your first point of contact if you are interested in studying at Alafua Campus or have any queries regarding your studies. The SAS Front Office handles face to face student enquiries and its referral services will provide information as to the appropriate person the student needs to contact.

SAS can also assist USP Laucala Campus and USP Emalus Campus students with Admission Applications and Registration of courses.

ON CAMPUS

A range of Agriculture courses for the Diploma in Tropical Agriculture, Bachelor of Agriculture, Postgraduate Diploma in Agriculture and Master of Agriculture are offered On Campus.

Click here for the full list of courses.

DISTANCE FLEXIBLE LEARNING COURSES

There are more than 100 courses at the Pre Degree and Degree level which students can take by Distance Flexible Learning. These courses are offered by the Faculty of Arts ,Law & Education (FALE), Faculty of Business & Economics (FBE), and Faculty of Science, Technology & Environment (FSTE).

Click here for the full list of courses.

Services provided by SAS are;

Click here for the brochure on Student Services

Enrolment

  • Admissions Click here for Admission Regulations
  • Academic Counseling
  • Registration (Course & Programme)
  • Summer Schools
  • Student Exchange
  • Study Abroad

Assessment

  • Cross Credits
  • Course Assessment (Assignments, Tests & Reports)
  • Final Examinations & Results
  • Issue and Verification of Academic Records
  • Completion of Programme Applications

Administration

  • Sponsor Liaison
  • Administration of scholarships and allowances
  • Lecture, laboratory and tutorial timetabling
  • Fee assessment and receipting
  • Selling/issuing of textbooks, course materials and stationery
  • Receipt and delivery of student mail
  • Administration of examinations and processing of final results
  • Secretarial Support to School of Agriculture and Food Technology Committees and Boards
  • Graduation Ceremony

Student Data

  • Entry of Student Data on banner (Student/Courses/Programmes)
  • Academic Records
  • Reports
  • Statistics

Distance & Flexible Learning

  • Academic counselling services
  • Liaise with Course Coordinators on students behalf
  • Logging, tracking and distribution of DFL assignments
  • Administration of DFL tests
  • Recruitment, supervision and payment of DFL tutors
  • Dissemination of important information to students

Click here for details on graduation ceremony in Samoa

SAS Front Office Opening Hours

During Semester

Mon-Fri

8.30am-6.30pm

Sat

8.30am-12.00pm

Semester Break

Mon-Thurs

8.30am-4.30pm

Fri

8.30am-4.00pm

Contact Details
Phone: (685) 21671 Ext 200 / 231 / 233

Fascimile: (685) 23424

To contact us please click samuelu_s(at)samoa.usp.ac.fj or enquiries(at)samoa.usp.ac.fj


Disclaimer & Copyright  l  Contact Us  l  
© Copyright 2004 - 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Page updated: Friday, March 17, 2017
Alafua Campus
Private Bag, Apia,
Samoa.
Tel: (685) 21671
Fax: (685) 23424
Email: enquiries@samoa.usp.ac.fj