April, 29, 2009 10:07 Age: 8 yrs
Psychology Staff contributions from January to April 2009
Category: SSS News
- Conducted a seminar on "Youth Leadership in Fiji" for the National Youth Day/Telecom Fiji Limited Mini-Workshops. The seminars served as a build-up to the 2009 Pacific Youth Festival to be held in July in Suva.
- Commencing a research with Dr. Patrick Vakaoti (University of Otago) on "Youth Leadership Models in Fiji" for ECREA and the Pacific Leadership Program (an AusAID initiative)
Gaylene Osborne Finekaso
- Conducted mental skills sessions with the following rugby teams:
- Fiji Barbarians and Fiji Warriors team preparing for the 2009 Pacific Rugby Cup
- Fiji 7s team preparing for 2009 Rugby World Cup
- Suva Rugby Union Team for the 2009 Digicel Cup
- President of the Oceania Psychology Register (OPR) for 2009
- Occasional Professional Supervision of external staff in Psychiatric nursing and Social Work.
- I was invited to speak at the FSSCA meeting in February on counselling.
Dr. Roland Schultz
- Deputy Chair of the Mental Health Advisory Committee, Central-Eastern Division (Fiji).
- Supervising 2 postgraduate students from the University of Munster, Germany who are undertaking a psychological placement within the Division of Psychology.