To liaise and collaborate with the campus management, authorities and other organizations with the foresight of accommodating issues affecting the interests and needs of all students (USPSA-EC members).
USPSA – Emalus Campus Tamtam
This is a brief update on the activities carried out so far by the USPSA-EC, 2014.
- USP Emalus Campus Community Appeal for relief of Cyclone Victims in Vanuatu.
- Welcome Combine Service
- Welcome Combine Social Night
- Appointment of Constitutional Review Committee (Report Completed)
- USPSA Council Meeting [Mid-Semester]
- Appointment of Constitutional Drafting Committee (Ongoing)
- Appointment of Chairpersons (and members) for Standing Committees
- Upcoming 1st Semester Closing Social Night
- Upcoming 1st Semester Closing Combine Service
- Consultation with Cultural or Association Leaders
The Executive noted the need to fully review the Constitution of 2009.
- USPSA-EC to meaningfully engage with the Campus Administration
- Working Committees to function effectively
- Need to equip the USPSA Office.
- Initiate Community Programs.
- Initiate relevant Student Activities.
- Assist in collecting information for improvement of Student Services.
- Provide systems to coordinate collation of petitions, issues and complaints.
- Appointments of Chairperson to Standing Committees.
- Proper assignment of functional responsibilities (ongoing review work).
- The USPSA-EC Constitution is expected to be ready by June 2014.
- The USPSA Federal Office will be holding a meeting with the Emalus Review Team to look at the Federal Constitution, Bylaws and Policies in June 2014.
- USPSA-EC will Host the USPSA 11th Council Meeting in September 2014.
- Every beginning of each semester, it is a common tradition that USPSA-EC hosts a church service followed by a USPSA-EC social to officially welcome returning and first-time students to Emalus campus. Likewise, a gathering is held at the end of each semester to say goodbye to graduating students and to seek blessings for exams and the holiday season.
- In between these fixed activities, it is up to each USPSA-EC council to decide what activities that should be included in their yearly calendar of events.
- The annual “USPSA-EC PASIFIKA FEST” allows students to showcase their cultures and traditions. The rule of the Miss USPSA-EC PASIFIKA FEST pageant is that contestants may not be female.
- Open day is perhaps the major highlight of every year for the students. It’s when students get a rare opportunity to showcase their traditions and culture and to display what the law school stands for, through mooting competitions and other means.
- USPSA-EC committees include:
- Executive committee
- Academic committee
- Fundraising committee
- Dining Hall committee
- Sports and Social committee
- Public and International Relations committee