>> Upcoming CFDL Workshops and Trainings
The broad mission of CFDL is to improve learning and teaching in the USP region. Drawing directly from the USP Strategic Plan 2010-2012 two of our key development areas are:
- Learning and teaching; and
- Student support.
In direct response to addressing our responsibilities in these areas CFDL is committed to the following goal:
- To develop collaboratively with faculties, campuses and regional agencies, high quality and innovative learning experiences for the region.
Through our Student Learning Support (SLS) section, CFDL has been collaborating with the faculties to identify peer mentors and tutors to assist with student mentor and support services:
- To provide professional development to enable staff to develop their curriculum frameworks mindful of developing skills and graduate attributes.
Course development workshops designed specifically for lecturers and course writers working with DFL materials have been offered by the Course Design and Development (CDD) section since semester 1, 2007. These ‘train the trainers’ workshops are focussed specifically on:
- Designing and developing quality print, multimedia and online learning materials for DFL; and
- Establishing a community of practice for DFL course writers and developers at USP.