July, 25, 2014 15:23 Age: 3 yrs
Electives on offer for Semester 2 2014
From Prof Eric Colvin, Head of the USP School of Law:
I regret that it has become necessary to cancel the following elective courses:
- LW303/403 Succession
- LW305 Current Developments in Pacific Law (online mode)
- LW317/417 Health Law and Ethics
- LW324/424 European Law Relating to the Pacific
- LW331/431 Human Rights
- LW355/455 Law of the Sea
- LW473 Foreign Trade & Investment Law
- LW395/495: Special Topic
- LW395A/495A Special Topic – International Fisheries Law
- LW395C/495C International Criminal Law.
Most of these courses were activated for registration by mistake. It was never intended to offer them. In addition, a staff member has suddenly resigned without notice and it is too late to arrange a replacement.
The following elective courses are available for enrolment:
- LW305 Current Developments in Pacific Law (F2F at Emalus)
- LW330 Public International Law online
- LW352/452 Regional Environment Law online
- LW372/472 Commercial Law F2F at Emalus and online
- LW395B Special Topic - Children's Rights online.
LW391 Law Clinic F2F at Laucala and LW392 Civil Procedure are also running this semester but with limited enrolments and at present these courses are full.
The School appreciates that the cancellations will cause inconvenience and apologizes. The School has limited teaching resources and it is impossible to offer all the courses for which there is demand.