How do I get my Google Apps account?
- All new students are automatically assigned a USP Google Apps account. The username will be the same as your USP username (Student id number)
How do I log in to my Google Apps account?
What services are included with my Google Apps account?
- Your Google Apps account includes email, Google Talk, Google Docs and Spreadsheets, and a Calendar service. Other services may be added in the future as they are available and appropriate.
Can I log on to other Google-sponsored services with my Google Apps username and password (e.g. gmail.com, blogger.com, etc.)?
- Your Google Apps username and password will only work with the services that have been deployed within the USP domain. To access other Google services, you will need to apply for a non-University account through Google.
Who is eligible to participate in the Google Apps for Education service?
- Google Apps for Education accounts are available to:
- All undergraduate students
- Graduate students
Why are the Google Apps for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google?
- Google Apps accounts have been customized for optimal educational collaboration. As a member, you will not see advertisements and USP University branding will appear at the top of most Google Apps for Education pages. In addition, USP University has taken steps to ensure that your student data is protected above and beyond a publicly available account.
Am I required to use the Google Apps account?
- All incoming students will automatically receive a Google Apps account.
Are Google Apps accounts accessible for students with disabilities?
- The basic HTML version of Google Apps for Education is fully compliant with current accessibility standards. You can also use a POP email client of your choice to download and read your Google Apps for Education email.
I tried accessing my account, but it says it is disabled. How do I fix this?
- Go to the Email Control Panel. Select the box "Use Google Apps." You will be asked to accept the Google requirements, and then be provided a new Google password. You can then log in with your USP username and the temporary password provided. Remember to go to the settings and set your password to a new, permanent password.