Fiji Economy Update - August 2014
- Keynote Address 1 by Prof. Anindya Banerjee (Professor, University of Brimingham and Adjunct Professor, USP)
- Keynote Address 2 by Scott Roger (Project Coordinator, IMF Pacific Financial and Technical Assistance Centre [PFTAC], Suva, Fiji)
- Fiji Economic Survey by Baljeet Singh (Lecturer, School of Economics, USP)
- Government Response by Krishna Prasad (Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Strategic Planning, National Development & Statistics)
- Effectiveness of Fijian Tax Policies: Since Independence ,by Fazrul Rahman (National Manager- Policy, Economic Analysis & Research, Fiji Revenue and Customs Authority)
- The Economic Impact of Prolonged Political Instability: A Case Study of Fiji by Xiaodong Gong (Associate Professor, Institute of Governance and Policy Analysis (IGPA), University of Canberra)) and Maheshwar Rao (Assistant Professor, IGPA, University of Canberra)
- A comparative analysis of education, employability and economic growth across three global Small Island States by Madhumita Bhattacharya (Associate Professor, School of Education Faculty of Arts, Law and Education (FALE) USP and Steven Coombs (Professor, FALE, USP)
- Inclusive Growth and Social Protection for Poverty and Inequality in Fiji by Rukmani Gounder (Professor, School of Economics and Finance, Massey University)
- Urban Growth, Urban Basic Services & Social Deprivations, and Inclusive Development in Fiji: Challenges & Opportunities by Manoranjan Mohanty, (Associate Dean, FBE, USP)
- Gender Issues in Employment in Fiji by Neelesh Gounder, (Lecturer, School of Economics, USP)
- Access to electricity: Issues and challenges by Matthew Dornan (Research Fellow, Development Policy Centre, Australian National University)
- Future Agenda for Growth and Development- Workers Perspective by Salesh Naidu (Secretary, Fiji Bank and Finance Sector Association)
- Future Agenda for Growth and Development by Prof. Satish Chand (University of New South Wales)
Cultural Economics Conference: 20-21st March 2014
Supporting Official Statistics in the Pacific through Education
A presentation at the Fiji Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Strategic Planning, National Development and Statistics Seminar, Holiday Inn, Suva, Friday 13 Dec. 2013.
Sunil Kumar and Seone Lolesio (School of Economics, FBE, USP)
Fiji Economy Update - August, 2013
Fiji Economy Update - 2nd October, 2012: List of Presentations
- Key Note Address by Mr. Jitoko Tikolevu, Fiji Revenue and Customs Authority.
- Key Note Address by Mr. Glen Miles, Acting High Commissioner, Australian High Commission.
- Fiji's Economic Struggle: Are the Fundamentals in Place? by Dr. Sunil Kumar, University of the South Pacific.
- Overview of Macro Economic Indicators by Mr. Luke Koroisave, Ministry of Strategic Planning, National Development & Statistics, Fiji.
- Has Devaluation in 2009 Improved Fiji's Trade Balance? by Dr. Dibyendu Maiti & Mr. Kushneel Prakash, University of the South Pacific.
- Government Finance: Expenditure and Taxation by Ms. Sandhiya Roy, The University of Fiji.
- Assessing the Economy-wide Impacts of Natural Disasters: The Economic Impacts of the 2009 Fiji Floods by Dr. Stephen Pratt, University of the South Pacific.
- The Contribution of Foreign Direct Investment in the Tourism Sector to Fiji's Economy: An Empirical Study by Dr. T.K. Jayaraman (Fiji National University), Dr. Hong Chen & Mr. Markand Bhatt (University of the South Pacific).
- Housing: Where affordability has reached in Fiji by Mr. Abdul Hassan, University of the South Pacific.
- Assessing Development: Designing Better Indices of Poverty & Gender Equity by Dr. Priya Chattier, University of the South Pacific.
- Squatter settlement Upgrading: Lessons from Namadai, Suva by Ms. Camari Koto - University of the South Pacific.
- Fiji's Tax Trends by Mr. Fazrul Rehman, Fiji Revenue and Customs Authority.
- Raising Growth by Dr. Yongzheng Yang, International Monetary Fund.
- Panel Discussion: Status and Achievements by Mr. Govind Sami, Ministry Social Welfare, Women & Poverty Alleviation, Fiji.
- Social Developments, Poverty and MDG by Mr. Govind Sami, Ministry Social Welfare, Women & Poverty Alleviation, Fiji.
- Fiji's Progress in achieving the Millennium Development Goals by Dr. David Smith - UN-ESCAP Pacific Office, Suva.
- Poverty in Fiji: Issues which need to be addressed by Government, The Private Sector and the NGO community by Fr. Kevin J. Barr, People Community Network of Fiji
- Investment in Fiji by Mr. Ravuni Uluilakeba - Investment Fiji
Report on Open Discussion - 3rd May, 2012: Floods in the Western Division in Retrospect: Possible Causes and Policy Challenges
||RSPD Advert l Disclaimer & Copyright l Enquiries l
© Copyright 2004 - 2015. All Rights Reserved.
Page last updated: Monday, September 15, 2014
|School of Economics
Faculty of Business and Economics
The University of the South Pacific
Private Bag, Laucala Campus,
Tel: (+679) 323 2547
Fax: (+679) 323 2522