For spam mails that arrive in your mailbox and are marked as ***SPAM*** you can use the mail filtering capabilities in Outlook mail to manage them effectively.
For SPAM messages that you receive it is advisable to move them to a folder which you could name as Junk and review them later to pick out your genuine messages. Do not delete them, as you may risk losing some of genuine messages. To ensure that geuine messages are not marked in future, report it to spam.informer(at)usp.ac.fj by forwarding a copy of the message.
To enable the mail filter in Outlook Mail, do the following:
- Go to the Tools menu, select Rules Wizard and New.
- Select Start from a blank rule option.
- Select Check messages when they arrive
- Click Next
- Under "Which condition(s) do you want to check?" select with specific words in the subject
- In the Rules Description section, click on the link and type the keyword ***SPAM***
- To apply the new rule immediately, select Run this rule now on messages already in "Inbox"
- Select Turn on this rule to activate the rule for incoming messages.
- Click Finish to complete the task.