STHM programmes are designed to encourage you to understand the nature, development and importance of international tourism, and its impact on South Pacific states. It does not provide a vocational qualification, but you gain skills in tourism management, marketing and business operations and are also encouraged to develop skills in oral and written presentation.
Studying tourism and hospitality at STHM can lead to successful careers in many different sectors of the industry. These can include: hotel management, marketing, human resource management, wedding planning, front office and reservations, event management, convention and meeting management, food and beverage management, tour guiding and interpretation, research and education, resource management and tourism planning.
STHM Brochure can be viewed online or downloaded to get more updated and detailed information. ( View Online || Download) (size: 19.5M)
STHM has a great team of full-time teaching staff who are committed to delivering a quality learning experience. The following programmes will be offered in 2013:
- Certificate in Tourism and Hospitality
- Certificate in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Commerce in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies (Double Major)
- Bachelor of Arts in Tourism and Hospitality (Single Major)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Master of Arts in Tourism Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Tourism Studies