Vision & Mission
Achieving excellence and innovation for sustainable development of the Pacific Island Countries
- To provide Pacific people with a comprehensive range of excellent and relevant tertiary qualifications;
- To deliver the benefits of advanced research and its applications;
- To provide communities and countries in the Pacific region with relevant, cost effective and sustainable solutions, including entrepreneurship, to their main challenges; and
- To be an exemplar of tertiary education for the Pacific Islands in quality, governance, application of technology and collaboration with national tertiary institutions.
- Commitment and loyalty of staff and students to the institution and the region;
- Highest standards of governance, leadership, academic freedom, integrity and transparency;
- Highest standards of creativity, innovation, teamwork and flexibility in the pursuit of excellence;
- Investments in staff, rewarding staff excellence, and empowerment of all USP teams;
- Respect for distinctiveness and diversity in our Pacific heritage and its development, preservation and dissemination;
- Commitment to regional cooperation and integration;
- Positive and inclusive learning and living environments for student excellence;
- Support for flexible learners in all locations for success in work, life and citizenship;
- Protection and nurturing of the environment;
- Strong relationships to guide engagement with national governments, Pacific communities, and development partners;
- Humility in performance, learn from others, value the trust given, and honour Pacific knowledge, contexts and aspirations.
Ultimately, both the Vision and Mission of this Strategic Plan will be realised through the contribution and attributes of USPís graduates and staff. These are the key drivers of the Strategic Plan.