International Conference on Chemistry, Environment and Climate Change - Focus on the Pacific
(USP Web Events)
About the Conference
2011 has been declared the "International Year of Chemistry by the United Nations with the theme "Chemistry - Our Life, Our Future".
To celebrate this auspicious occasion, The Chemical Society of the South Pacific together with The University of the South Pacific is organizing the "International Conference on Chemistry, Environment and Climate Change- Focus on the Pacific" from September 14th to 16th 2011. The ultimate goal of this conference is to provide a much needed forum for scientists to promote and exchange recent advances in all disciplines of chemistry and how the ongoing deterioration of atmospheric chemical composition has affected our environment and what preventive measures need to be taken to find sustainable solutions to protect and safeguard the threat to survival of the mankind.
For further information on the conference, please visit website http://www.usp.ac.fj/iccecc2011 or contact the Conference Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph :(679) 3232867, Fax:(679) 3231512 or contact the Conference Chair at email@example.com, Ph: (679) 3232416, Fax: (679) 3231512.
Objective of this Conference
This conference aims to bring together chemists, environmentalist and climate change scientists with multi-disciplinary professional background on a common platform where they can exchange ideas and discuss the role of chemistry in relation to future challenges and how this knowledge can be effectively applied in industry, agriculture, education, environment and other diverse fields for development and prosperity in human life. Potential young minds will be enthused and inspired to pursue research in chemistry, environment and climate change sciences.
Abstracts are welcomed in the areas of;
- Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis
- Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
- Food Chemistry and Security
- Environmental Pollution and Management
- Chemical and Toxic Waste Management
- Conservation, Bio-diversity, Green Chemistry
- Natural Products Chemistry
- Bio-fuel and renewable energy
- Polymer Chemistry (natural/synthetic)
- Chemical Education and Sustainable Development
- Medicinal Chemistry and its contribution to human health
- Chemistry-Climate Interactions and Climate Change Adaptation/Mitigation
- Inter disciplinary approaches to the concept of research in chemistry, environment and climate change.
Submission of Abstracts
Abstract of not more than 250 words should be submitted for oral or poster presentation and written in English. It should include the Title of the paper (upper case, 14 font size), authors' name, affiliations and email address and typed using MS word, single-spaced, Times New Roman font (12 font size) and left justified. All abstracts will be received through e-mail attachments only by 15th August 2011 to the conference Secretary so that it can be included in the abstract book. Only abstracts of registered authors will be printed. The full paper(s), not exceeding 8 pages of accepted abstracts shall need to be submitted during or immediately after the conference to be considered for publication in the special issue of The South Pacific Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences (open access journal on CSIRO Publishing, Australia or in the ICCECC's proceedings) after standard peer review process.
Authors of posters should consider the following instructions for setting up their materials:
- The maximum recommended poster size is 1189mm x 841mm or A0 portrait/landscape.
- Illustrative materials in your poster should be bold enough to be read by the audience. Also, turn your idea into a succinct message that is attractive,self-explanatory and eye catching. Make it easy for the audience to interact
- Proper mounting items (pins) will be provided at the site.
- Two best posters on any of the listed theme will be awarded cash prize of FJ$100 and FJ$50.
Poster abstracts should be sent to the Conference Secretary/Chair by 15th August 2011 through e-mail attachment.
Registration for the conference is now open. Completed forms should be emailed or faxed to the Conference Secretary/Chair.
Registration fees are FJ$200 (US$100) for international delegates and FJ$100 (US$50) for regional delegates. This includes admission to all sessions of the conference, conference abstracts book, excursion to Suva downtown and a natural park untouched by humankind and meal coupons.