Pacific Regional TVET& NFE Symposium 2011
hers and community developers to attend the inaugural Pacific Regional TVET & NFE Symposium to be held on the 29th of November - 1st of December, 2011 at the USP Laucala Campus in Suva, Fiji Islands.
The symposium will bring together TVET policy makers, senior administrators, decision makers, corporate CEOs, industry practitioners, professors/teachers, educators, representatives of NGOs, civil society, academic institutions, research bodies, media representatives and other similar organizations to exchange and share their experiences, research results, creative ideas, innovations and new initiatives about TVET & NFE. More importantly the symposium will emphasise discussions on practical models, frameworks and best practices including recommendations and solutions for mainstreaming TVET & NFE.
Moreover, the organizing committee is now accepting ABSTRACTS of experiences, research results, creative ideas or innovations in any of the following themes to be able to provide some direction and commitment towards mainstreaming TVET & NFE:
- Best Practices in TVET
- TVET Curriculum
- Innovative Teacher Education for TVET
- Sustainable TVET Institutions through Partnership & Alliance
- Research, Monitoring and Evaluation in TVET
- Socio-economic Development and TVET
- Socio-economic Development and NFE
- TVET and Sports
- TVET and People with Special Learning Needs
- TVET and the marginalized
- TVET and Gender
- TVET in Primary Education
- TVET in Secondary Education
- TVET in Higher Education
- TVET and ESD
In your abstract you are requested to highlight the following:
- TVET/NFE intiativies - What are they?
- How has it transformed the lives of people in Pacific Island communities
- What lessons have we learnt from these initiatives?
- Are the initiatives adaptable?
Deadline for submissions of ABSTRACTS is 31st August 2011.