Financial Assistance - Opportunity for USP PRIVATE students.
The USP Student Bursaries Scheme provides support to citizens of member countries of the USP, in a position of financial hardship, studying at either undergraduate or postgraduate level.
The purpose of the USP Student Bursaries Scheme is to help support students who lack the ability to pay tuition fees. It also seeks to support needy students. Students who qualify will have their partial fees refunded.
- A 2.5 GPA or more in the previous semester.
- Family income of no more than $25,000FJD per year.
Eligibility – All registered students are eligible for bursary, with the exception of:
- Students supported by sponsorship or scholarships schemes;
- Fiji undergraduates eligible for TELS or NTS, whether or not they have applied-a declaration is required and shall be checked with TSLB;
- Students enrolling for the first time at USP;
- Students who are recipients of the USP staff family tuition concession scheme;
- Doctoral students;
- MBA students and students in other self-funding programs such as Foundation Studies and Pacific TAFE;
- International students.
The University shall prioritize allocation of bursaries in the event that application for the bursaries greatly exceeds available funds, using the following criteria:
b. Family income
c. Year and level of study.
1. Complete the Student Bursary Scheme application form available at Student Administrative Services (Laucala Campus) or may download the form at the following link www.usp.ac.fj/forms
2. Provide verified evidence of family income of no more than $25,000FJD per year.
Send application directly to the Student Bursary Scheme, Student Administrative Services, Laucala Campus, USP, Suva. Students studying outside Fiji however can email their application and relevant documents to: bursary(at)usp.ac.fj
Students from any USP campus are eligible to apply.
*Note: funds will be paid in the equivalent of Fiji dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Student Bursary Scheme.
For more information please contact:
Student Administrative Services, USP Laucala Campus on:
Telephone: (679) 323 1444