Current Students

Current Students

Who Can I Ask for Advice?

Academic Support
As a student at USP there are two types of help or support that you are likely to need at some time during your studies: academic support and administrative support. If you need help in understanding topics in your course materials or lectures, help with an assignment, help with preparation for a test or examination, extra tutorial time these all come under the heading of academic support. Academic staff including course co-ordinators, lecturers and tutors can provide this type of support. Your tutor is normally the first point of contact for academic support, your lecturer the second, and your course co-ordinator the third.

Academic Advisors

Sometimes, particularly approaching registration or if you are thinking about changing direction in your studies, you may need a different type of academic support that of an academic advisor. You are encouraged to seek advice at USP if you need help choosing a program, or choosing and planning your sequence of courses. At smaller campuses, the Director, Lecturer or Program Assistant should be able to give you such advice, but you may wish to contact an expert in your academic discipline. The names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of academic advisors for each department and school appear here, and your local campus can help you make contact with the right person. On-campus students should feel free to make contact in person, or through e-mail or by phone.

Administrative Support
Administrative staff at all campuses are there to provide all other types of help including with admission, registration, fees, sponsorship, cross credits, tracking missing course materials or assignments, examination timetable problems, graduation, filling in forms, technical problems with the Internet connection or your e-mail account etc, or indeed anything that is not specifically related to your course content. On the major campuses the first place to go for any sort of administrative help is the Student Academic Services office. At all other campuses, the campus director will be able to refer you to an appropriate administrative staff member. The names, postal and e-mail addresses, and telephone and fax numbers of those you should contact for administrative enquiries can be found here.

Disclaimer & Copyright l Contact Us l USP's 50th Anniversary Website l 
© Copyright 1968 - 2018. All Rights Reserved.
Page updated: Friday, January 20, 2017
The University of the South Pacific
Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji
Tel: +679 323 1000