School of Education
+679 32 32732
BEdPRM PGDip MA [Sth Pc].
Designation : Assistant Lecturer
Research Work/Publications/Conference proceedings
- Whippy, K. Tiko, L & Gounder, N. (in print). Towards improving partnership in Education: re-examining the economics of education with specific reference to Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) in selected Small Island States (SIS). Report findings of a collaborative research initiative funded by the USP Research Office.
- Whippy, K. (in print). An exploration of the iTaukei expressions of play and its implications for early learning and development. PhD thesis-in progress. The University of the South Pacific: Suva, Fiji.
- Whippy, K. (2016). Na Vakatatalo: The Play Space in the Indigenous Fijian Context. Second Pasifika International ECE Conference: 03-07 October, 2016. Epsom Campus, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Whippy, K. (2014). Utilising playfulness to maximise learning and development in the early years. Proceedings of the Vaka Pasifiki Education Conference, 24 & 25 September 2014, Nuku’alofa, Kingdom of Tonga- Weaving Theory and Practice in Teacher Education for Oceania: IOE-USP.
- Whippy, K. (2014). Students’ and Teachers’ Understanding of the Applicability of Classroom Science and Everyday Experiences. In Discussions and Debates in Pacific Education. Dorovolomo, J., et.al. Common Ground Publishing LLC, USA-Illinois.
- Whippy, K. (2013). Safe and Healthy Start Grow Smart: ECE Programme Guidelines for Practitioners. Fiji: Save the Children.
- Whippy, K. (2010). An exploration of the Indigenous Fijian perspectives on “sciencing” in the early years: Preliminary thoughts. Teacher Education Conference: 20 & 21 October, 2010. Fiji National University, Lautoka Campus, Fiji.