School of Education
+679 32 32138
BEd PgD [Sth Pac] MEd [USQ]
Designation: Teaching Assistant
11 years in Secondary schools in Fiji, 13 years as a Teacher Trainer at Fiji College of Advanced Education, 1 year at Fiji National University, 6 years at USP; a total of 31 years.
Teaching Practice and school related issues. Currently enrolled in PhD study.
- ‘Teacher Training at the University of the South Pacific’ Published in: Journal of Education & Social Policy. ISSN 2375-0782 (Print) 2375-0790 (Online). The Journal is now indexed with and included in Cabell’s, Ulrich’s, EBSCO, Index Copernicus International, and Gale. Moreover, the Journal is indexed with ISI, ERIC, DOAJ, JSTOR, Econlit, and Scopus.
Presentations and Proceedings (Conference, Symposiums and Workshop)
- Presented a conference paper on ‘Teaching Practice at the University of the South Pacific’ at the National University of Timor Leste on 13th July, 2015. This conference was a two-day public affairs conference entitled Finding Pathways in Education hosted by Victoria University in co-operation with the National University of Timor Leste (UNTL) in Dili, Timor-Leste.
- Participant and literature contribution to International Institute for Educational Planning [IIEP – UNESCO] on the topic e-Forum on Teacher codes of conduct.
Talanga Series presentations
- Topic: ‘Student teachers’ perceptions about Teaching Practice: a case study of the University of the South Pacific – 2013Practicum’. Presented on 24th March, 2014.
- Topic: ‘Teaching Practice: a comparative experience of the USP and the University of Deusto, Spain’. Presented on 29th April, 2015.
- Topic: ‘Evaluation of ED300 Practicum 2015: Online mode’ and ‘Teaching Practice at the University of Timor Leste’. Presented on 21st September, 2015.
Book Chapters and Reports
- Completed and submitted an article on ‘Truancy in Schools’ for ‘Directions: Journal of Educational Studies, 2016’.
- Wrote two children’s books [fictional and non- fictional) for the International Reading Association/International Development in Oceania in 2006. The titles of the two books are ‘Tulsi’ and ‘My Uncle’s Funeral’.