Welcome to the Student learning Support (SLS) for Faculty of Arts, Law and Education (FALE) students.
Studying at USP can be a very different prospect to that of studying at senior secondary school. You have a lot more independence, a new environment, a wider variety of cultural groups and greater control over your learning. Navigating through these can be daunting. Not to worry!
We at Student Learning Services (SLS) endeavour to provide you with a comprehensive range of services that will help you make your learning experience worthwhile. All our services are free of charge; we actually pay others to assist you so feel free to contact us for all your academic learning needs. If we are not able to assist you, we will try our best to refer you to people who can assist. We acknowledge that university studies can be challenging. We thus firmly believe in equipping students with appropriate and relevant study and academic skills that will make their university journey rewarding. So feel free to drop into our SLS office in the FALE building on Laucala Campus or use any alternative means of contacting us and we hope not to disappoint.
The services we provide are:
- Academic Skills Workshops: a series of tailor-made workshops designed in collaboration with and on the advice of course coordinators, where you get an opportunity to try out using academic and English learning skills
- Face-to-Face consultations (Drop-in): where you get to discuss specific academic and learning issues face-to-face with a Learning Specialist
- PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions): support facilitated by a high-achieving student who has excelled in the course, which can help you increase your academic performance (100-level courses)
- Senior Peer Mentoring (SPM) sessions: support facilitated by a high-achieving student who has excelled in the course, which can help you increase your academic performance (200- and 300-level courses)
- E-mentoring consultations: assisting students via email
- Study guides: Printed and soft copies of study guides on specifically targeted areas of skill achievement.
If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact our SLS Specialists at the Laucala Campus:
Ana Bulavakarua: ana.kitolelei(at)usp.ac.fj
Shailesh Lal: shailesh.lal(at)usp.ac.fj
Hours: 8.00-4:00 pm
Phone: +679 32 32260
If you are not based at Laucala Campus, we have SLS Specialists at most other campuses who will be more than eager to assist you. Their contact details are as follows: