Welcome to the Student learning Support (SLS) for Faculty of Arts, Law and Education (FALE) students.
Studying at USP can be a very different prospect to that of studying at senior secondary school. You have a lot more independence, a new environment, a wider variety of cultural groups and greater control over your learning. Navigating through these can be daunting. Not to worry!
We, at Student Learning Services (SLS) endeavor to provide you with a comprehensive range of services that will hopefully make your learning experience worthwhile. All our services are free of charge; we actually pay others to assist you so feel free to contact us for all your academic learning needs. If we are not able to assist you, we will try our best to refer you to people who can assist. We acknowledge that university studies can be challenging. We, thus firmly believe in equipping students with appropriate and relevant study and academic skills that will make their university journey rewarding. So feel free to drop into our SLS office in the FALE building on Laucala Campus or use any alternative means of contacting us and we hope not to disappoint.
The services we provide are:
- Workshops: a series of tailor made workshops designed in collaboration with and on the advise of course coordinators where you get an opportunity to try out using academic and English learning skills,
- Face2Face consultations (Drop-in): face to face where you get to discuss specific academic and learning issues with a Learning Specialist,
- PASS Sessions: support facilitated by a high achieving student who has excelled in the course which can help increase your academic performance (100 level courses)
- Senior Peer Mentoring (SPM) sessions: support facilitated by a high achieving student who has excelled in the course which can help increase your academic performance (200 and 300 level courses)
- E-mentoring consultations: assisting students via email or one selected social media websites.
- Study guides: Printed and soft copies of study guides on specifically targeted areas of skill achievement.
Follow the links on the left to find out more about the various ways we can be of service to your academic needs. If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact our SLS Specialists at the Laucala Campus:
Shailesh Lal: email@example.com
Hilda Vukikomoala: hilda.vukikomoala(at)usp.ac.fj
Hours: 8.00-4:00 pm
Phone#: + 679 323-2260
Remember, we are here to assist you. So feel free to come see us anytime during opening hours.
If you are not based at the Laucala Campus, not to worry. We have SLS Specialists at various other campuses who will be more than eager to assist you. Their contact details are as follows: