University of the South Pacific provides staff and students with a centrally hosted email service, available after activation of their User ID
What is my USP email address?
- USP staff members email address is normally your User ID followed by @usp.ac.fj (e.g email@example.com)
- USP Student User ID'S email address is normally your User ID followed by @student.usp.ac.fj (e.g. S11111111@student.usp.ac.fj)
How do I change my email password?
- Staff members can change their password by visiting the IT Helpdesk or by holding down the keyboard keys “Ctrl-Alt-Del” together on their USP PC and from the options presented select “Change Password”. For verification, the computer will ask for your old password and the new password
- Students can visit the IT Helpdesk or select Change Password from the USP Student Portal
- USP password strength have to follow USP's Password Requirements
How do I access USP email services?
- Staff members can access University mail from the Outlook Web App (OWA) and from USP’s standard desktop email client Microsoft Outlook 2010. OWA provides a secure and easy way to check email from anywhere: on or off campus, a web-enabled mobile device, home, etc.
- Students can access their email from the USP Student Portal
Email on your mobile device?
- In addition to OWA, centrally-provided USP email is compatible with and accessible via several common mobile devices including Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile. Information about setting up University email is available for mail clients and mobile devices.
My Inbox Space
- Staff members have a default inbox quota of 2 GB. IT Services recommends that users regularly delete unwanted mail to avoid exceeding the quota.
- Students email are provided by Google and each student has a 7GB inbox quota.
Out of Office / Vacation Messaging
- Members of the University community going on vacation or planning an extended amount of time away from University email should plan to set a vacation or out of office message for optimal communication.
Email Service Description and Service Levels