Password Strength Guidelines
Passwords are used to access a number of USP systems, including the network, e-mail, the Internet.
USP has the following criteria for password strength:
- The USP password system will not allow any of your last 15 passwords.
- The USP password system will require password's to be at least 8 characters in length.
- The USP password system will require at least an uppercase letters (e.g. A) and a lowercase letters (e.g. a).
- The USP password system will require either 1 numerical character (e.g. 5) or 1 special characters (e.g. ?, %, $).
- Passwords must not be based on a users’ personal information or that of his or her friends, family members, or pets.
- Passwords must not be words that can be found in a standard dictionary (English or foreign) or are publicly known slang or jargon.
- Passwords must not be based on publicly known fictional characters from books, films and media.
- The USP password system will automatically ask for a change in password every 2 years.