USP Password Strength Requirements - Information Technology Services
Password Strength Guidelines
Passwords are used to access a number of USP systems, including the network, e-mail, the Internet.
USP has the following criteria's for password strength:
- The USP password system will not allow any of your last 15 passwords
- The USP password system will require password's to be at least 6 characters in length
- The USP password system will require at least an uppercase letters (e.g. N) and a lowercase letters (e.g. t)
- The USP password system will require either 1 numerical character (e.g. 5) or 1 special characters (e.g. ?, %, $..)
- Passwords must not be based on a users’ personal information or that of his or her friends, family members, or pets.
- Passwords must not be words that can be found in a standard dictionary (English or foreign) or are publicly known slang or jargon
- Passwords must not be based on publicly known fictional characters from books, films, and so on
- The USP password system will automatically ask for a change in password every 2 years
Disclaimer & Copyright | Contact Us
© Copyright 2004 - 2018 The University of the South Pacific (USP). All rights reserved.