To be the premier ESL and EFL program for international students in the South Pacific region.
To provide high-quality and internationally recognised intensive English language training to assist students in attaining proficiency in English for university preparation or for personal and professional goals.
- To develop the English language and study skills of international students in preparation for study at USP, or for the use of English in professional and social contexts.
- To familiarise international students with the people, culture, and customs of Fiji and the USP member countries.
- To provide student support and administrative services to the highest levels.
- To facilitate intercultural awareness and understanding among students.
- To hire, support, and retain a highly qualified and competent team of people that demonstrate the highest standards of professional conduct, abilities and experience in teaching English as a Second Language.
- To encourage active faculty and staff participation in the development and evaluation of the program.
- To foster an intellectual atmosphere in which professional development is encouraged and pursued by the faculty and staff.
- To serve as an English-language proficiency testing centre.
- To establish a local, regional and international presence of the IEP by staff participating and contributing to professional associations, networks and activities.