| || |
BSc PGDipCS, MCIS (S.Pac)
Learning Systems Administrator & Acting Learning Systems Manager
Section: Learning Systems Team
Location: Level 3, Communications Building, Laucala Campus
Tel: (+679) 323 2309, Fax: (+679) 323 1417
Varunesh Rao is a Learning Systems Administrator based with the Centre for Flexible Learning (CFL) at The University of the South Pacific. His role in CFL is around administration of USPs eLearning and mLearning services. The main components of USP's Learning Systems platform are Moodle and Mahara.
He has been with CFL since February 2011. His first working role was as a part time Web Developer European Union, from there he worked briefly with the Fiji Government as an ICT Officer based with the Ministry of Multi-Ethnic Affairs and then briefly with USP as the IT Officer at the School of Computing, Information and Mathematical Sciences. He then moved to ANZ (Quest Fiji) as a Business Analyst for a while gaining much experience in the financial sector. He continued his role as an Analyst with USP based with the Planning and Quality Office, assuming the role of an Institutional Researcher/Data Analyst. After this post, he joined CFL in his current role. He is a committee member with the South Pacific Computer Society (SPaCS), a society that seeks to promote ICT capacity building in the South Pacific.
Varunesh holds a Master of Science Degree in Computing Science and Information Systems, a Post Graduate Diploma in Computing Science and a Bachelor of Science in Computing Science and Information Systems from The University of the South Pacific.
His interest and research areas are around Learning Management Systems, Mobile Learning and Data Analytics.
The South Pacific Computer Society (SPaCS)
- CFL rep to CITC (Communication Information & Technology Committee)
- CFL rep to mLearning Committee
The following research projects I am involved with:
- Data warehousing Project for USP
- Integrating of Banner and Moodle assessments.
- B. Sharma, R. Kumar, V.Rao, R. Finiasi, S. Chand, V. Singh, R. Naicker, Supporting Learning with mLearning Systems in Pacific Education, to appear in Handbook of Mobile Teaching and Learning, Springer 2017
- B. Sharma, A. Jokhan, R. Kumar, R. Finiasi, S. Chand and V. Rao, Use of Short Message Service for Learning and Student Support in the Pacific Region, Handbook of Mobile Teaching and Learning, Springer 2016
- Rao V, Anand P, Ayoade J. 2007 RFID Location Tracking System for Enhancing Police Services, ASME 2007 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, September 4–7, 2007
- B. Sharma and V. Rao, - , ICT Symposium, SPICTEC 2011, University of the South Pacific, Fiji, 20- 23 July, 2011