| || |
BSc, PGDip IT (S.Pac)
Section: Multimedia Team
Location: Level 3, Communications Building, Laucala Campus
Tel: (+679) 323 2077, Fax: (+679) 323 1417
Rona Finiasi is a Multimedia Developer based with the Centre for Flexible Learning (CFL) at The University of the South Pacific. His primary role in CFL is around the development of multimedia learning contents and interactive learning modules towards support in creative learning content development.
He worked for USPís mLearning Team from 2012 at the Faculty of Science, Technology And Environment (FSTE) department and joined the CFL team in mid-2015 with the current role at the Multimedia team.
Rona holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Information Systems and a Bachelor of Science in Computing Science & Information Systems from The University of the South Pacific, He also holds a Certificate in Adobe Captivate from the University of Sydney. His interests lie in modern multimedia development and web animations for responsive use in the learning and teaching environment. He also likes to be creative and innovative with his work.
- BB. Sharma, R. Kumar, V. Rao, R. Finiasi, S. Chand, V. Singh & R. Naicker. A Mobile Learning Journey in Pacific Education, In Angela Murphy et al. (Eds) Mobile Learning in Higher Education in the Asia-Pacific Region Ė Harnessing Trends and Challenging Orthodoxies, Vol. 40, 581-606, 2017.
- B. Sharma, A. Jokhan, R. Kumar, R. Finiasi, S. Chand and V. Rao, Use of Short Message Service for Learning and Student Support in the Pacific Region, Handbook of Mobile Teaching and Learning, Springer 2016
- Student Workbook Guide : Academic and Cultural Orientation for Tertiary Students (ACTS), 2014
- Finiasi, R., & Sharma, B., Chand, S. (2013). Exploration of Mobile Technology: Transforming Learning & Services in the Pacific Region, 12th Pacific Science Inter-Congress 2013. The University of the South Pacific, Suva Fiji.
- VC Forum : mLearning Symposium 2012 & 2013