Bachelor of Arts and Graduate Certificate in Education (BA GCED);
Bachelor of Commerce and Graduate Certificate in Education (BCom GCED);
Bachelor of Science and Graduate Certificate in Education (BSc GCED)
Upon completion of BA/BCom/BSc GCED graduates should be able to:
- Generate critical thinking, promote creativity and apply knowledge, ideas, and approaches in secondary teaching and learning contexts (Creativity, Critical Thinking and Pacific Consciousness);
- Demonstrate a strong sense of Pacific consciousness in all aspects of their teaching praxis through cultural sensitivity and inclusion strategies relevant to the specific context of teaching (Pacific Consciousness);
- Encourage collaboration and teamwork for engagements in schools, communities and society; and demonstrate a high standard of ethical and professional conduct (Ethics, Professionalism and Teamwork);
- Demonstrate leadership and administrative skills and knowledge for effective secondary school responsibilities; to include appropriate modes of communication including ICT (Communication and Professionalism).
- Implement, monitor and evaluate the national subject curriculum through effective planning, teaching and assessment;
- Implement and nurture a safe and inclusive teaching and learning environment.