The University of the South Pacific (USP) is pleased to announce a new initiative in partnership with the Government of Japan, entitled JENESYS 2016 (Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths) which will provide fully funded Nine Day study tours to Japan for University students from 16 Pacific Island Countries (PICs) and Australia and New Zealand. There will be a total of 8 tours. Dates for each tour are:
- 1st Group: 11 – 19 October 2016;
- 2nd and 3rd Groups: 15 – 23 November 2016;
- 4th and 5th Groups: 13 – 21 December 2016 (Australia and New Zealand Groups);
Applications for Australia and New Zealand will be open at a later date in the Japanese embassies of these Countries.
- 6th and 7th Groups: 18-26 January 2017;
- 8th Group: 17 – 25 February 2017.
The 16 Pacific Island Countries (PICs) in this Program include Australia, New Zealand, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu. 285 university students from these 16 PICs (80 from Australia and New Zealand) will be invited to participate in this Nine Day Program of travel to Japan (9 nights in Japan) between October 2016 and February 2017.
To be eligible for the Program, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time or part-time Undergraduate/Postgraduate University student;
- Applications from Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu are open to registered USP students only who are citizens of, and currently residing and studying in one of these countries;
- Applications from the Federated States of Micronesia, Palau and Papua New Guinea are open to all registered university or college students who are citizens of, and currently residing and studying in one of these countries;
- Must be 18 to 35 years old;
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5;
- Have a sense of community;
- Be in good health (must provide a medical certificate, as per Application form requirements);
- Have a valid passport (must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected stay in Japan).
- Widely disseminate and share information on your experiences acquired from this program through means such as the media including SNS (Social Networking Service), having informal gatherings and so on to outreach your respective communities.
- Apply online
- Scan a copy of your application form, after you have signed it and email a soft copy to email@example.com
- You can hand-deliver your application to Ms Nonu Pesamino at the USP International Office, Laucala Campus.
- You can post your application through the mail. The complete postal address for application submission is C/O:
Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Innovation and International)
The University of the South Pacific
Private Mail Bag
Suva, FIJI ISLANDS
You can pick a printed form from USP. Application forms can be collected from Ms Nonu Pesamino at the USP International Office, Laucala Campus.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview, which will occur in the middle of August.
For all other queries, please send an email to the Project Coordinator via email or phone extension: 31842.