Pictured from left to right:
Iresh Lal - USP Development Manager;
Salote Viti - Pacific GIS and RS Council Vice Chair; Professor Pal Ahluwalia - USP Vice-Chancellor and President;Dr Wolf Forstreuter -Pacific GIS and RS Council Chair;Dr Nick Rollings - Pacific GIS and RS Council Board Member.
The Pacific GIS and Remote Sensing Council as the “Pacific Island Earth Observation Conference”, will commence its 2-day intermediate virtual conference from 2-3 February 2021 through Zoom, that will be coordinated through the University of the South Pacific's regional network.
The Conference will be opened at 9am on Tuesday morning (Fiji Time) by the University of the South Pacific's (USP) Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Pal Ahluwalia.
The Council and USP are partnering to enhance excellence in the field of Earth Observation, and have solidified this relationship by a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that was signed on 24 July 2020.
Presentations at the virtual conference includes the ISPRS, and the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) who will again present at the meeting by way of specialists, Dr Laura Lorenzoni and Dr David Green.
Presentations of interest include:
- ISPRS and its role during the current pandemic --- Christian Heipke, ISPRS
- Sentinel, Worldview and field assessments of Mangroves - get more out of your data by multiphase inventory methods --- Dr Michael Köhl, University of Hamburg
- Using Earth Engine to detect Yaqona plantations in forests in Fiji --- Nathan Wales, USP
- Mapping cultural narratives in the Pacific --- Talei Caucau, USP
- Digital Atlas of Micronesia - Overview --- Maria Kottermair, iREi
- Marine Spatial Planning on a National Scale (Case Study: Solomon Islands): A Brief Overview of MSP in the Solomon Islands -- Miriam Bhurrah, World Conservation Society.
To join the conference
- Or iPhone one-tap (Australia Toll): +61280152088,88346123954#
- Or Telephone:
◦ Dial: +61 2 8015 2088
◦ Meeting ID: 883 4612 3954
- Or a H.323/SIP room system:
◦ Dial: firstname.lastname@example.org
◦ or 22.214.171.124 (Australia)
◦ Meeting ID: 88346123954
- Or Skype for Business (Lync):
For further information please contact:
(1) Seni Nabou, Pacific GIS and Remote Sensing Council, 9922053, email: email@example.com
Tel: (679) 3231477, Mobile: (679) 9988196, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This news item was published on 29 Jan 2021 03:40:29 pm. For more information or any High-Res Images, please contact us on email email@example.com