Dr. YANG Hui
Discipline/Centre/Institute: Confucius Institute
Extension number: 3231802
Expertise / Activities
Chinese Language Education
Educational Background/ Qualifications
Ph.D., English Language and Literature, Sep. 2004-Jul. 2008, Tsinghua University
MA, English Language and Literature, Sep. 2001-Jul. 2004, China University of Mining and Technology (Beijing)
BA, English Education, Sep. 1997-Jul. 2001, Shenyang Normal University
Chinese Director, Confucius Institute at The University of the South Pacific, Oct. 2016-Present
Associate Professor, School of Humanities, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Jul. 2008-Present.
Visiting Scholar, Gevirtz Graduate School of Education, University of California-Santa Barbara, USA. Sep.2011-Sep.2012
Genre Analysis, Cross-Culture Communication, Chinese Language Teaching
- 2017 Confucius Classroom at Cook Islands Campus was awarded as “Confucius Classroom of the Year”.
- 2016 Confucius Institute at USP was awarded the “Model Confucius Institute”.
- 2016 Adviser of the Third Prize Winner in CCTV “Star of Hope” English Speech Contest in the University Group of Beijing Division
- 2016 Excellence Award for the Thesis Adviser of the Innovative Undergraduate Thesis Design in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- 2015 Excellent Teacher of School of Humanities of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- 2010 Translated article “The Winding Paths of the Capital (I)” was reprinted by Chinese Social Science Digest.
- 2009 Excellent Adviser of Undergraduate Thesis in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- Yang Hui & Zhou Qianlin. (Trans.) (2016). Jane Eyre. Beijing: China Book Press.
- Yang Hui. (Trans.) (2015). The Original McGuffey’s Eclectic Series 4. Beijing: Beijing Institute of Technology Press.
- Yang Hui & Liu Qian. (Trans.) (2015). The Original McGuffey’s Eclectic Series 2. Beijing: Beijing Institute of Technology Press.
- Yang Hui & Li Liyun. (Ed.) (2014). Every Child can Fall in Love with English. Beijing: Beijing Institute of Technology Press.
- Yang Hui. (2014). My Son Studied in an American Elementary School—Chinese and American Elementary Education Comparison and Implications. Beijing: Beijing Institute of Technology Press.
- Yang Hui & Zhao Wentong. (2011). Oral English Skills. Beijing: China Book Press.
- Yang Hui. (2009). A Cross-linguistic Study of Fairy Tales as a Genre. Guilin: Guangxi Normal University Press.
- Yang Hui. (2020). Chinese Language Education in the South Pacific Islands Countries—Taking Fiji as an Example. Research on South Pacific Island Countries (The Fifth Series). pp. 204-220. Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press (China).
- Yang Hui. (2015). Close Reading and the Cultivation of Critical Thinking Ability. College English Theory and Practice. pp. 109-122. Tianjin: Nankai University Press.
- Yang Hui & Li Liyun. (2012). Genre Analysis and English Writing. Feitian, 4,165-167.
- Yang Hui. (2010). Online Investigation of English Writing Teaching in American and British Universities-Report on “Technical support”. Journal of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, 4, 15-19.
- Yang Hui (Trans.) (2010). Sandblasting Marx. Foreign Theoretical Trends, 4, 67-71.
- Yang Hui (Reprint) (2010). The Winding Paths of the Capital (I). Chinese Social Science Digest, 2.
- Yang Hui (Trans.) (2009). The Winding Paths of the Capital (I). Foreign Theoretical Trends, 8, 75-85.
- Yang Hui (Trans.) (2009). The Winding Paths of the Capital (II). Foreign Theoretical Trends, 9, 45-52.
- Wang Na & Yang Hui. (2008). Improve Students’ Self-efficacy through “Mirror-image Learning”.
- Journal of Xi’an International Studies University, 5, 64-68.
- Yang Hui. (2007). Report of Online Investigation of English Writing in 100 Universities Worldwide. In Wang Lifei (Ed.) English Writing Teaching and Research: A Chinese Perspective, pp.195-198, Beijing: Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press.
- Yang Yonglin, Yang Hui & Hu Laihong. (2007). Writing of the Application Letter—Report from “Paper Publishing and Academic Writing” lesson in Tsinghua University. Foreign Language Teaching, 5, 31-35.
- Yang Hui & Wei Xueyan. (2005). Teacher’s Evaluation in “Writing Learning Database” of Online Writing Lesson. Computer-Assisted Foreign Language Education in China, 2, 40-44.