USP COVID 19 UPDATE
Current COVID 19 Status USP Member Countries
- USP is still currently Level 1 / Green Phase of the USP COVID Management Plan, the focus for all campuses and, schools and departments is on COVID 19 Preparedness and Prevention.
- There is no COVID affected persons in any of countries where USP campuses are located at this time.
- All Staff ALL Students are to report to work and study on campus as usual, and all classes, etc. are to proceed as normal.
- Total Travel Ban for USP Business travel to all International Countries is still in force for all USP staff and students is still in force, effective from Monday 16th March 2020.
- Personal Travel by USP Staff and students , to COVID 19 affected countries is advised against given the stringent border control restrictions your likely to face , that may affect your return to USP campuses for work and study.
- Spain joins Travel Watch list for COVID 19 Severely affected countries ( Mainland China,Italy,Iran,South Korea )
- USP Staff and students returning to their respective countries from international destinations who have been instructed by Border Health Authorities for 14 days self-isolation are required to notify your immediate supervisors and SMT at the earliest opportunity and provide necessary validation on this
- USP Staff and students returning to their respective countries from international destinations who have been cleared by Border Health Authorities to proceed into the country as normal are required to notify your immediate supervisors and SMT at the earliest opportunity and provide necessary validation on this
- USP Staff and students returning to their respective countries from international destinations who have been quarantined by Border Health Authorities at their national quarantine facilities in the country are required to notify your immediate supervisors and SMT at the earliest opportunity .Do also notify your supervisors ASAP, if you have been quarantined in a country outside of your country of citizenship .
Events Cancellation Notices
- Medal Presentation for Laucala Campus planned for Tuesday 17th March is cancelled
- Medal Presentation for Laucala Campus planned for March 19 th and 20th is cancelled
- Laucala Graduating students that are affected are to contact SAS office Laucala for additional important advisories as soon as possible
- In light of mass gatherings being discouraged, persons attending pre planned events on any USP Campus are to contact event organizers as soon as possible, given the likelihood of cancellations of such events is very high. Any inconvenience is regretted given the unprecedented situation that exits presently.
COVID 19 Prevention
All Staff and students are instructed NOT TO SHAKE HANDS, but use alternative NON CONTACT physical forms of salutations and greetings
- All persons on campus are required to wash hands as frequently as possible and minimize physical contact with other persons as much as possible
- All staff and students are required to ensure cleaning of their work surfaces as frequently as possible
- All cleaners are required to clean surfaces in public areas and toilets under their responsibility as frequently as possible
- All Staff and Students where possible are encouraged to bring own personal handwashing
- Any persons with fever or cough are required to seek medical attention and treatment and stay at home as per medical certification and advice.
Fake News and Fearmongering
- All USP Staff and students are requested to refrain from posting or dissemination information that are false and volatile given the global COVID 19 pandemic.
- Such situations if found can result in the staff or student liable not only for university disciplinary action but be subject to criminal investigation and arrest.
All staff and students are requested to only take on board information from reliable sources such as mainstream national and international media sources, as well as health sources as the ministry of health and World Health Organization.
All Staff and Students are encouraged to read the USP COVID 19 Pandemic Management Plan
Message from USP OHS