USP Graduate Attributes
USP’s academic programmes will foster the following attributes in all graduates:
- Extensive knowledge of and relevant skills in a particular discipline or
- Capacity for critical thinking and independent self-directed, life-long learning;
- Digital literacy and advanced information and communication technology knowledge and skills; and
- Problem solving and research skills.
Intellectual Curiosity and Integrity
- Deep respect for truth and intellectual integrity, and for the ethics of scholarship;
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, entrepreneurship, innovative and openness to new ideas;
- Commitment to inter-disciplinary understanding and skills; and
- Respect for the principles, values and ethics of a chosen profession.
Capacity for Leadership and Working with others
- Effective interpersonal communications skills;
- Resilient, adaptable and be empathetic;
- A commitment to gender equality and social inclusion;
- Leadership, organisational, teamwork and time management abilities; and
- Personal maturity and self-confidence
Appreciation for the Cultures of the Pacific Islands
- Knowledge and appreciation of the unity and diversity of Pacific Island cultures;
- Understanding of the diverse economies and environments of the Pacific Islands; and
- Commitment to the maintenance and strengthening of the societies of the Pacific.
- Understanding and appreciation of social, cultural, and linguistic diversity;
- Respect for human rights and dignity in a global context;
- Commitment to accountability, ethical practice and social responsibility; and
- Demonstrated oral and written proficiency in the English language.