Dear Staff and Students
USP DISMAC met yesterday on 31 March 2020. Please find below the latest advisory in light of changes announced by USP Member Governments:
- USP DISMAC resolved that USP extend the Mid Semester Break for all its students by an additional week from Monday 6 April to Monday 13 April, taking into account the Easter break.
- Please note that students are strongly advised not to come to Campuses during the extended Mid Semester Break and to observe national protocols in their countries and follow advice from their Campus Directors.
- USP DISMAC resolved that all non-essential staff continue to work from home until after the extended Mid Semester Break.
- Arrangements for working from home will need to be authorized by your Supervisor and the Line SMT member.
- Essential staff who have been identified by their Supervisors as being required to work from their Campuses, please note the following:
- This arrangement will be in place until 13 April. A further advisory will be issued before 13 April to clarify matters further.
- Supervisors will need to determine which staff are considered essential on an individual basis and inform them accordingly.
Please note that the University is constantly monitoring and reviewing the COVID-19 pandemic and we request that USP staff and students regularly check their emails, USP website and USP social media outlets. USP DISMAC also encourages all staff and students to practice clean hygiene protocols, social distancing and limit travel and movement.
We thank you for your understanding in these challenging times.
Professor Pal Ahluwalia
Vice-Chancellor and President