Dear Staff and Students
USP DISMAC met today on 3 April 2020. Please find below the latest advisory in light of changes announced by USP Member Governments:
- Further to the Fiji Government announcement on 2 April regarding measures for Suva, USP DISMAC resolved that USP extend the mid semester break for all its students up to Friday 17 April 2020.
- Please note that students at all Campuses are strongly advised not to come to Campuses during this period and to observe national protocols in their countries and follow advice from their Campus Directors.
- USP DISMAC resolved that a further review of essential staff who have been identified by their Supervisors as being required to work from their Campuses, be carried out. Please note the following:
- This arrangement will be in place until 17 April. A further advisory will be issued before 17 April to clarify matters.
- Supervisors will need to determine which staff are considered essential on an individual basis and inform them accordingly, as well as their line SMT.
- All other staff are required to continue to work from home until 17 April in Laucala, Fiji. For all other campuses, please observe national protocols in your countries and follow advice from Campus Directors.
Please note that the University is constantly monitoring and reviewing the COVID-19 Pandemic and we request that USP staff and students regularly check their emails, USP website and USP social media outlets. USP DISMAC also encourages all staff and students to practice clean hygiene protocols, social distancing and limit travel and movement.
We thank you for your understanding in these challenging times.
Professor Pal Ahluwalia
Vice-Chancellor and President