COVID 19 Health Protection Relaxation Measures Relaxation - Fiji Campuses Only
Relaxation of COVID 19 Health Protection Measures
Following the announcement last night by the Fijian Government, kindly note the following health protection changes that come into effect today, Friday 25 March 2022.
1. Face Mask Wearing
- This is no longer mandatory anywhere on campus.
- However, we recommend that you exercise caution and suggest that you continue to wear a face mask.
2. Social Distancing
All indoor venues, inclusive of teaching classrooms, lecture theaters, science labs, offices, meeting rooms, etc., will revert to their normal seating and spacing arrangements.
3. Temperature Checking
This is no longer mandatory.
Despite these relaxations, the advent of new COVID 19 variants can occur, therefore all Staff and Students are advised to continue to personally safeguard themselves from further infection and transmission to themselves, their families and their community.
However, the following measures will continue to be practiced and encouraged;
- Regular hand washing for 20 seconds
- Access into campus permissible will be permissible to fully-vaccinated persons
- When sick, please do not come to campus but seek medical attention. Staff must seek their supervisor’s approval for any sick leave.
Should there be any future changes to these measures, a further advisory will be sent out.
We thank you for your compliance over the past 24 months and despite the many challenges, our combined efforts has kept our campuses safe.
Have a Safe and Blessed 2022
Message from USP DISMAC